Make a Difference
“I’d love to make a difference in my community, I just don’t know how to get started.”
With the world at our fingertips it’s easy to get overwhelmed. There are so many causes, so many people in need of help. Where do you start?
1. Dig in + figure out what causes you are passionate about. If money + time were no object who would you want to help? How would you want to make a difference?
2. Do a few simple google searches to help you find organizations + areas of need in your local community.
3. Take action. You don’t need to be independently wealthy with hours of free time and an endless budget to make a difference. A lot of people doing a little bit can have a profound impact on our world.
Want 3 ways you can jump right in and take action today?
1. Spread awareness on social media. This costs zero dollars + can help shine a light on areas of need + inspire others to donate time or funds to that specific cause.
2. Make a monetary donation. You don’t need a poster board sized check with a comma to make a difference. Would you miss $5, $10? Could you bring lunch tomorrow instead of going out? Could you brew your own coffee this week?
3. Donate your time. Find out which organizations in your community could use an extra set of hands and literally be that helping hand to someone in need.
Bottom line: jump in. Start small + build something beautiful. Giving, serving + living in gratitude is the foundation for a life of abundance. You woke up this morning, you have breath in your lungs. You’ve been blessed, now go be a blessing to others.
Can’t wait to watch you change the world.